Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Today Talk

Just some random, fun stuff from today:

First of all, Gabriella had gymnastics today, and is getting so good!  She hung on the bar, brought her feet all the way up to the bar, w/ perfectly straight legs and stayed that way-by herself- for so long!  I couldn't believe it.  Geez, I need to try that.  Abs of steel, here I come!  (yeah right)

Kruz was fussing a bit in his pack n play, while G was eating.  I was in the kitchen, so she said (as if I couldn't hear him), "Mommy, go check him and see if he's okay."  Thanks, baby.  She's so sweet and caring (and occassionally bossy...ha!).  In the car today, she kept looking over and saying to him, "Hey, sweetie pie!"

I love a toddler's insight on things.  I've taught her that her eyes are green (well, depending on the day, and the shirt, hazel, but didn't feel like explaining that one).  So today, again in the car, she looks over at Kruz and says, "Mommy, my eyes are green.  Kruz's are brown...and white."  Wow, well I knew what she meant, but how do you explain that one?  I tried a little...something like, "Well, you're right, but we're looking at the colored circle, the iris...it's brown..." etc.  "So, his eyes are brown."  "No, Mommy, they are brown AND white."  What can I say?  "You're right, Baby.  They are."

I wrestle every day.  I wrestle Kruz into his diapers...and into his clothes...depending on his mood.  Sometimes he lays perfectly still and lets me change him.  Other times, oh-my-gosh.  I literally can't!  I mean, I know he's 6 months old, but he's crazy strong, and crazy squirmy...and flexible!  He just wants off, and down, and to be let go!  Today, I just couldn't do it.  I barely got the diaper on, but gave up on the clothes.  Gabriella said, "Kruz is just gonna be naked baby?" 

And here is a piece of today's conversation about a festival we went to a couple days ago.  Background: at the festival, there was a man dressed in a giant giraffe costume, waving and greeting kids, handing out necklaces, etc.  I though Gabriella would love him!  So, as I was waiting in line for something, my mom took her over to 'meet' him and get a necklace a few feet away (girl likes some jewelry).  She walked up to him, he looked down at her, offered a 'high five', she began shaking, and then...boom...TERRIFIED!  Shaking and crying like crazy.  What?!  haha, it was pitiful, but hard not to laugh.  She was really scared of him.  No necklace, nothing.  My mom picked her up and tried to soothe her.  We thrust her into a chair to get her face painted....the distraction worked.  However, she wouldn't let it go, and has talked about the "giraffe" ever since.  *So, tonight, RANDOMLY in the middle of dinner:  "I no like the giraffe.  I no play with him.  I no give him five.  I cried.  I hold Noni.  He was so big.  I no like his face.  He's gone now."  I mean, that was all like in one breath.  Poor baby, I hope she stops thinking of this giraffe...she's still torn up about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment