Friday, August 27, 2010

6 Month Check Up

I took the kids to Kruz's 6 mo. check up today, although he's almost 6 1/2 months. 

Stats:
Weight: 17.12 lbs (40%)
Height: 25.5 in. (25%)
Head: 43 cm (50%)
*Note: These are almost identical to Gabriella's 9 month stats.

Our check up experience:  Kruz was full of smiles...but also full of WIGGLES!  Oh my, I got such a great workout.  Unfortunately, I was in the waiting room for 45 mins, alone w/ the two of them, before we even went back.  Kruz was such a squirmy worm, it's almost impossible to hold onto him sometimes.  I definitely did NOT want to put him down on the nasty pediatrician waiting room floor...yuck.  So, I held him...and bounced him, and 'tossed' him up, and tickled him, and anything else you could think of.  Once we got into the room, Gabriella was a champ of course, just chillin', sitting perfectly still, eating a snack...the whole time.  (Did I mention I love that girl?!  haha!)  Kruz ripped the paper lining the table to shreds.  Literally, I had to find a piece big enough to lay him on by the time the doc got there.  Oops.  Check up went great, few shots (debated, but continued with them anyway; I feel good about the choice), and we were set to go.  The doctor reassured me that he was eating and drinking enough, although he has dropped down in percentages. Yay. :)  On our way out, Gabriella talked to her 'friends' at the check out counter...they love her!  They even gave her stickers for her...and her baby doll.  Speaking of, during all of the squirming w/ toddler, baby, baby doll, diaper bag, paper work (you understand), baby doll lost her hat.  Uh oh.  Briefly looked for it, 'friends' reassured us they'd call if they found it.  But I looked down at Gabriella, who so sadly said, "But baby's head is cold," and knew we had to search better.  Off we went, back to the room; the nurse was emmerging wtih it in hand.  Yay, she saved the day!  Now baby's head won't be cold...since it is 95 degrees out.  But that didn't matter; G's happiness did....and to her, Baby is real....and really cold. 

Thank God for my healthy, happy babies.  =)  We are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment