Friday, August 20, 2010

1/2 a Year!

Where has the time gone?  Kruz is 6 months old!  Here are some updates and thoughts:

* We go for his 6 mo. check up next week, so I'll post stats then.  I'm guessing 17-18 lb? I don't know though.  He just feels heavy to me!  I am struggle to tote he and his carseat around.  Once he's a little more 'advanced' at sitting up, I won't have this issue.  (Side story: Today, we put Kruz in the front of the shopping cart with Gabriella...they were so stinkin' cute!  She held onto him...such a protective, great big sis.  This set up may work for a bit...we'll see...)

* Kruz is pushing up on all fours for longer periods of time, and still rocking away, eager to 'go'!  He's rolling and scooting himself all over the place!  Very curious...and V-E-R-Y determined.  We'll call it 'passionate'.  Passion is a good thing. :)  When he sees something he wants (ie: the video monitor), you almost can't pry him away from the idea.  I do hope he continues to be ambitious and hard-working as he grows.

* He's finally enjoying more baby food.  He'll eat: sweet potatoes, bananas, green peas, carrots, peaches, and mangoes.  He'll tolerate apples and pears on a good day.  He feels the exact same about avacados as his Mommy: he literally GAGGED.  Although I'm slightly proud that this may be evidence of a 'gene' I passed down (?!), for health reasons, I do hope he begins to love it as much as Daddy & Sissy. 

* So, not as if you care, but for documentation purposes: He takes a bottle around 7-8 pm, then goes to bed.  He wakes around 4 or 5am for another bottle and goes right back to sleep.  He wakes again around 7-7:30 am for another bottle, followed by cereal & a little fruit, and then a (brief)nap shortly after.  Another bottle around 10-10:30 ish, then a little baby food for 'lunch'.  Possibly a brief nap, depending on the first.  Bottle around 1-2 pm, followed by typically the 'main' nap of the day.  Still not a huge deal, but possibly up to 2 hrs on a great day.  Fortunately this is the same time that Gabriella naps...little break for Mommy= yes, please!  Bottle around 5 pm ish, a short evening nap, and then cereal and veggie, followed by night time bottle.  Whew, he seems to eat a lot!  But...it's not as much as it seems-just often.  He's not eating large amounts at once, 3-7 oz in a bottle, often about 5.  Not eating huge amounts of food...maybe 1/2 a jar.  **If you are reading this, and have a baby of similar ages, what's working for you? 

*He is a super HAPPY baby, laughing, smiling, 'talking' (screaming) a lot.  He loves interaction, making faces, for Sissy to play with him.  He's crazy in love with his 'jumpy'...and so am I!  He's a strong little jumper!  He's lately been enjoying books...I am making a conscious effort to take the time to introduce him to books.  I did that a lot with Gabriella, and she LOVES books.  It's harder that he's the 2nd baby, but worth every effort in my mind. 

* I think I posted that he said "mama" a couple of times.  No update on that one. :)

* I think it's safe to say that Kruz is a sweet, loving, happy, good-natured little boy.  And he melts my heart!  Oooh, I love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment