Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Talking and Sleeping (Finally!) and Praying

I have like a month worth of posts to add...I just have to find the time.  And you guys know that means a lot of pics...so I'll get to it soon. :)  We've had a busy, fun month of July.  Anyways, just had to make a couple of quick notes:

(1) Kruz just turned 5 months old...and FINALLY has slept through the night for 3 nights in a row!  This may not sound huge, but you moms know that it is life changing.  He went from waking 3, 4, 5 times during the night...and eating at least 2 of those times....we're talking eating every 3 hrs round the clock  TO sleeping through the night w/ only a couple of wakes for a paci!!!  Praise the Lord...this can only be declared a miracle in our eyes.  :)

(2) Okay, so the first night that he slept all the way through, he did wake a couple times for a few mins of crying.  The crazy part is...Kad said when he checked on him that he said "Mama" twice.  I thought Kad was crazy and must have been dreaming...but he swore it was true.  However, the next night, when I went in to give him a paci, he cried out "Ma!"  I couldn't believe it!  I mean, Gabriella didn't say her first word til like 8 or 9 months I think...and that was "Dada."

(3) Funny G things: 
* She's begun to think that if she says "No ma'am" that means she doesn't have to do something...especially if she says it emphatically.   Haha, it's hard to keep a straight face w/ this girl! 
* She told me to "Take little bites Mommy" the other day when eating my sandwich.  And very seriously...twice.
*While on vacation, she corrected me when I mistakingly said, "Look at all the pine trees."  She said, "Not pine Mommy." (They were palm...what was I thinking?) 
*While on vacation, Kad's dad was saying a very sweet blessing over our food and family as it was our last meal together.  Well, since G knew the routine, she began LOUDLY saying her little blessing (as she has done every time we were there)...Abuelo continued, we giggled.  Well, I guess she thought we must not of heard her b/c we were all still praying, so she said it again, loudly.  It was so funny.  By this point, I think she rattled him, b/c he switched from English to Spanish to get the job done!  Meanwhile, G is praying for the 3rd time, and looking around like, "What's wrong w/ you people.  I've said it 3 times!"  Hahaha!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe she knew to correct you about the palm trees! That is so crazy smart (and attentive!) for a 2 year old!

    ReplyDelete