Thursday, June 17, 2010

Check Ups...and Downs

I took Gabriella & Kruz to the doctor together yesterday.  She went for her 2 year check up; Kruz for his 4 month one.  Some details (if you care to read):

Gabriella: 24 lb (25%), 31.5 in tall (5%)  Little squirt! ;)  She saw baby Kruz get his check up first, so when it was her turn, she was telling the doctor what to do.  "Listen to my back...right here."  "Now, ears."  "Lay down."  Etc., haha.  She didn't mind it at all, and enjoyed spelling her name and singing her alphabet (loudly!) for her.  When it was her turn for shots (fortunately, she had to run to the potty while it was Kruz's turn, so she never saw the shots), she hugged me tight, looked away, winced, and then turned to see the shiny silver bandaid being put on her arm.  She smiled and said "Thank you VERY much!  That feels better." and proceeded to show everyone at the office her 'sticker'.

Kruz: 15 lb (50%), 25 in tall (50%)  Right on target!  Kruz laughed and smiled through the entire checkup...little charmer.  Turns out, he is maxing out on milk intake, so the pediatrician said he would probably benefit from cereal once or twice a day.  So...we'll give that a try tonight...I'm looking forward to it!  Maybe it will help him sleep longer at night? (Please, God!)  As for his three HUGE shots, they didn't go so well.  He screamed like I've never heard him before...it was awful. :(  Fortunately, that lasted just a few seconds.  Last night and today, he's had a high fever...I hate it...he's miserable.  I want my happy baby back.

Based on the stats, looks like Kruz may 'catch' his Sissy soon...hopefully, not TOO soon!  I'm loving my little babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment