Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Funny Girl

Gabriella is funny. She cracks me up, the little character.  Some of the things that come out of her mouth!  Here are a couple of examples taken from the last 2 days.

To a little boy leaving Subway, where we were eating: "Goodbye little boy!  See ya later!  Have fun!" and then she just continued eating as if yelling across the restaurant to a stranger was perfectly normal.  I didn't turn around, but could feel the grins.

At a yardsale: "Look, Mommy!  People!"  She KEPT yelling this when we would get close to people.  Geez, they must think she's sheltered.  (Truth: she's just practicing the word 'people').  Embarrasing, regardless!

At the said yardsale, Noni bought her a little toy bus.  She's been playing with it in the car since.  Yesterday, G and I were driving home, as she was playing w/ the bus.  Out of the blue, she said "Noni buy this car for you (which means 'me').  So sweet.  So sweet, Noni."  Ha!

Same car ride.  She looked up and out the window and kept staring.  "Mommy, see little boy way up in the sky!"  I said, "What?"  There were only trees around.  She repeated it and kept looking.  Hmm...her guardian angel perhaps?  I wouldn't doubt it.

I let her help me carry the mail in.  She said, "Don't drop it Gabriella.  Remember?"  Haha, guess I had told her that before!

As she was standing on top of something, she said "Be careful, Gabriella."  I mean, there's no need to tell her what to do...she just tells herself. 

All day, every day, I'm in awe of this little girl.  Boy, do I think she's special. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment