Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Waiting in February

We are excitedly awaiting the arrival of our first baby boy, Kruz...due ANY day (please, God!!). Meanwhile, Mommy has recently taken this week off of work (I didn't want any of my students to be scarred by witnessing a live birth, haha). Daddy has been pulling double house/baby duty along with working two jobs...with a great and helpful attitude, I might add! It's been tough these last few days (some...okay...a LOT of pelvic pain- TMI?) taking care of our little busy body 20 mo. old. However, I have been enjoying every single day I get to be with her...knowing it will no longer be 'just us'. What an amazingly special, sweet and smart little girl I have been blessed with! If you know me at all, you know I like to be 'on the go'...every day. As I said, it's been tough, but I have managed to get out of the house...Gabriella in tow...just about every day. Walking has been more and more painful...it literally feels as though Kruz is about to drop right out! I've been dialated to 3 cm for almost 2 wks now...no one expected me to still be pregnant! However, I'm due in 3 days (the 13th) and going to the doctor tomorrow (the 11th). I know that he will come at the perfect time...all in God's hands. :) I'm praying for a quick and easy, complication free, labor and delivery...that results in a healthy baby. This morning I asked Gabriella, "Who is in Mommy's tummy?" and she replied "Baby Kruz" with a smile. Then with a serious expression, "Baby Kruz, get out!" Haha, a girl after my own heart!

So, here we are...Feb. 10th with no new baby yet. We are all so excited and ready to finally meet him. Here are a few random pictures from our first week and half of February....as we wait.

Kad finds a way to do it all! I stopped him before he and Gabriella headed downstairs to do laundry and take care of the dogs. Love his ways!

A busy life for Gabriella...dressing in self-selected accessories, washing pots...and ice cream sandwiches.

Not happy....a rare moment for this sweet, happy girl.


"Pink!" she told me. We've been working on colors this week. She's showing a strong preference for orange (random)...and also knows pink, brown, and yellow...and occasionally purple.

She loves building "towers" and "castles" with her blocks.

Noni taught her to sit in her block box and get covered with blocks...and she loves it! Trouble is...she can't get in and out by herself...and so About-to-Pop-Mommy has to get on the floor to help. Thanks, Noni.

A trait inherited: diligently dividing her food. Whoops. Here, she's decided to use her teaset plate for snacks.

A portrait of Gabriella that my little brother drew. This picture doesn't do it justice. He's SO talented...and he doesn't even realize it!

On Mommy's first day off of work, the two of us headed to Panera for breakfast after the chiropractor. A Mommy-Daughter special date before baby brother arrives. She told me "Mommy's bagel delicious!" Cinnamon crunch, in case you want to bring us one. Hehe...

We even tried the eggplant parmasean at Scalini's...said to bring on contractions and labor. Yeah, I think not.
I leave you with a video of our little dancer. This is the song "Rug Time" from Sid the Science Kid. She loves the dancing and singing. She says "Gabriella dance!" in the video, in case you can't tell. She will randomly sing throughout the day "Rug time!! C'mon in!"

1 comment:

  1. I'm so eager so I know you've got to be! Can't wait to meet Kruz! If he's half as cute as Gabriella you will have the cutest kids ever (although mine might share the title with yours- if you don't mind.)! What type of mohter would I be if i didn't say that? Besides, we already share so much (including pelvic pain when pregnant- so sorry chica! I know it's excruciating)! Praying with & for you!

    ReplyDelete