Friday, July 24, 2009

Niagara On the Lake, Canada

Since I had the summer off of work, I decided to take advantage of time off, cheap airfare, the fact Gabriella can fly for free, and Noni & Popi's (my parents) townhouse. Since Kad had just taken time off for our family trip to Florida, he stayed home to work. Gabriella and I flew by ourselves from Atlanta to Buffalo. She flew great both ways! I tried scheduling the flights during 'sleep' time, hoping she'd sleep-not a good idea. No sleep, but she was entertained...and entertaining! She made lots and lots of friends at the airport and on the plane. I really couldn't have asked for her to be better behaved-thank God. Anyways, Noni & Popi picked us up from the airport, where we drove across the border into Niagara on the Lake, Canada. The town is so beautiful, so quaint...and the main street is 5 blocks from the townhouse. So, we walked into town almost daily. The weather was around 70-75 degrees- a wonderful break from 100 degree Hotlanta! We walked a lot, went to a couple of parks, went shopping, ate out, visited a couple of small towns, went for drives, and got to see lots of family. We had a great, relaxing time.

She thought she would hold Noni's hand while in the stroller...the whole time we walked through one town- it was SO sweet.

Still holding hands...in NY

Driving with Popi!

Popi let her walk and smell the flowers

Giving a little bear 'ooo wee's'

Visiting with Cousin Kathy

"I'm loving this swinging thing!"

Wheee!

One of the beautiful parks we walked through

Our EARLY morning walk through town

Mommy and G stopped to pick up breakfast at the bakery (the only thing open that early!)...we took it to the park and ate...fun

Stretching along the way ;)

"I don't know if I like the smell of those flowers..."

Cutie pie

On the front porch of the townhouse

That's my girl!

In the flowers

"What do you mean, I can't eat the grass??"

Pretty purplicious

Reading Dr. Seuss with Popi...her new favorite author ;)

Riding the cow at the ice cream shop- delicious!

2 fortune cookies from the yummy Asian buffet...we're stuffed!

"Don't I look fab in Noni's French shoes?"

Happy girl...you know why

Swing, swing!

"Um, I think I like swinging..."

There are gorgeous flowers every step of the way through NOTL

Along the sidewalk, after lunch w/ N & P

W/ N & P in the beautiful weather

Pretty!

Aren't they cute?

Heading out for a walk

Auntie B w/ nephew Noah & Auntie V w/ great niece Gabriella...so cute!

Cute cousins, Noah (8 mo.) & Gabriella (13 mo.)

Tracey and Noah looking sweet

Cousin Cody holding G outside

She went right with Cousin Larry!

Cousin Sharon, Aunt Vicki, Auntie Peggy & Grandma

"Popi, you love me, don't you?"

SO sweet...snuggling with Auntie Vi

1 comment:

  1. So much personality - and the looks to match.
    That is amazing that she did so well on the plane!

    ReplyDelete